How to Do Smokey Eye Makeup for Beginners: Step-by-Step Guide
Smokey eyes instantly bring up to mind the image of glamorous eye makeup that gives you the diva-like look! It instantly changes the look of your face making it stylish and insanely attractive. All it takes is a little practice, and you’re ready to ace this makeup look with the shade of your choice. Our makeup expert has for you the steps to how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners easily. So, get ready to learn these steps and get a high-voltage chic look – anytime!!!
Table of Content:
- Steps for how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners
- Start with a clean skin
- Apply eye primer
- Use concealer for best results
- Stick to basic shades in the beginning
- Pick the tools right
- Start with the eyeshadow brush
- Blend to contour the eyes
- Color up the lashlines
- Create the ultimate wings
- Some pro tips for smokey eye makeup look
- Wrapping up
Steps for how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners
You can create soft smokey eyes by smudging your eyeliner pencil too if you want to know how to do easy smokey eye makeup! If you need help with How to Choose Eyeshadow Color Combinations for Different Skins, read it here! But to create the classic smokey eye look, we’ll give you steps on how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners. Here’s how to get it right!!!
1. Start with a clean skin
The first step of the how to do simple smokey eye makeup tutorial is to clean your face, especially the area around the eyes well.
- Get your hands on an oil-free cleansing agent to remove every trace of oil and dirt in the creases.
- This will ensure that the makeup pigments of the smokey eye look stand out in all their brilliance.
- Also, your eye makeup will retain its brightness for long hours without fading or cracking.
Creating a clean canvas is critical to ace the how to do smokey eye makeup with pictures tutorial.
2. Apply eye primer
Moving on to the next step on how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners, it’s time to work with eye primers.
- Primer is a makeup base that helps even out the creases and lines on the skin.
- Applying the De’Lanci Eye Primer on the skin around the eyes eases them out giving an even surface.
- This step is absolutely necessary when you have oily skin.
Once you apply the primer, wait for a couple of minutes allowing it to dry out before you apply any color.
3. Use concealer for best results
It’s important that you follow this step of how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners. Any dark spots or circles will downplay any eye makeup, especially smokey eye makeup.
- Try using the appropriate color-correcting concealer for dark circles around the eyes.
- Peach and orange are the best shades that cancel out bluish circles around the eyes.
- DE’LANCI Multicolor Liquid Concealer for Dark Skin gives you the right options to choose from according to your skin tone.
- Dab the product around the eyes instead of dragging it for it to settle down evenly on the skin.
This step will help create the perfect base that is clean and bright for you to bring out the smokey eyes brilliantly.
4. Stick to basic shades in the beginning
When you start learning how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners, it’s good to stick to the basic shades.
- Once you’ve mastered the technique, you can start experimenting with colors and glitters for more dramatic effects!
- Opt for a palette of basic brown and black that will help you ace the classic smokey eye look.
- DE’LANCI Nude Smokey Eyeshadow Palette is one of the best options for beginners like you.
- It has browns and blacks along with the highlighter shade to let you achieve the play of dark and shade perfectly.
Try your hands with the Best Silver Glitter Eyeshadow Looks for high-voltage dramatic looks!
5. Pick the tools right
Your makeup tools will be your best friends as you learn how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners!
- Use brushes to take colors and apply them to the eyelids instead of your fingers.
- You will need the set of an eyeshadow brush, blending brush, and the small tipped brush to apply the eyeshadow pigments well.
- Select a specific set like DE’LANCI Starry Explorer Makeup Brush set that has all the small brushes for eye makeup.
These tools are also absolutely necessary when you wish to wear Simple Nude Eyeshadow Looks!
6. Start with the eyeshadow brush
It’s time to actually start applying the colors in the how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners tutorial!
- Take the mid-toned nude color and apply it all over the eyelids for a subtle smokey base.
- As beginners, it’s safe to stick to brown for a more toned smokey eye look.
- Take the pigment and apply to the outer corner of the upper lid.
- Keep blending it up to the crease line and extend it to the outer edge of the eye.
- Let it form a smooth darker gradient of color against the base eyeshadow color.
Remember to use a tapered brush when working with the corners of the eyes and a fluffy brush for blending.
7. Blend to contour the eyes
Moving on with the how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners, it’s time up open up the look with some highlighting effect.
- You need to brighten the area around the eyes to bring out the perfect smokey look.
- Use the white highlighter from the De’Lanci 6 Color Highligher Palette to shade your brow bones as this will brighten the look.
- You can also add a light brushing of this highlighter on the center of the lid for a more radiant look.
- Make sure that you’ve blended all the colors into a perfectly flowing transition of shades.
Get the best Black Eyeshadow Looks ideas from our makeup expert for all occasions.
8. Color up the lashlines
Be it the simple smokey look or more elaborate shading of the eyes, you need to frame the color using your lashlines. Here’re the steps of the how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners.
- Take your regular black eyeliner and draw out along the upper lids as close to the lash line as possible.
- Smudge out the line for the dark lashline to blend in with the overall smoked look.
- Coming to the lower lash line, opt for black or brown eyeshadow colors.
- Shade close to the lower lash line and smudge it out with the brush for a soft look.
- Using brown will give the eyes a lighter look while black is sure to make them more emphatic.
Here are the tips on How to Create Grey Eye Makeup Like a Pro that you may want to try other than smokey eyes looks!
9. Create the ultimate wings
We’ve reached the final stage of the tutorial on how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners! It’s time to ace the classic smokey eye look using De’Lanci La Catrina Eyeliner Set.
- You can use a pen or brush eyeliner for this step.
- Create a small wing that extends only to cover the smokey tip.
- Connect the outer wing with the lower lash line.
- It will bring out a fully framed bright-looking smokey-eye look.
- Don’t forget to coat the lashes with mascara to add depth to your eyes.
You should be the perfect master of how to do black smokey eye makeup with these tips.
Some pro tips for smokey eye makeup look
As you begin your journey to learn how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners, there are some pro tips that you should remember!
- Keep the look as simple as possible choosing a maximum of 2 colors.
- Stick to a matte base and a matte darker shade for the outer smoked look.
- Use glitters at the center of the eyelids only when you wish to opt for a full-on glam look.
- Blending is the key to the best smokey eye makeup look immaterial of the color you’re using.
- Always smudge out your eyeliners along the upper and lower lashlines to get the perfectly soft smokey-looking eyes.
- The darkest line should be along the lashline which helps draw attention to the eyes and not the makeup.
As we wrap up our tutorial on how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners, we suggest that you opt for brown for the daytime. It’ll give you an aristocratic glamorous look at any place. Reserve black and darker shades for evenings and when you’ve aced the way to get the perfect smokey eyes. Take care to use only high-quality DE’LANCI eye makeup products for the best-looking face. The complete range of face makeup products, De’Lanci lips makeup products, and De’lanci Makeup Tools are truly affordable!!!