Step-by-Step Guide: How to Create Winged Eyeliner Like a Pro
The winged eyeliner look is both classy and complements all seasons and occasions! They help heighten your overall glamor quotient while accentuating your facial features. However, most people are afraid to wear them due to fear of not doing it right! Know that creating the perfect winged eyeliner surely is no rocket science. Get it right practicing with our how to create the winged eyeliner guide! There’s also so much more to learn with our experts’ advice on How to Apply Eyeliner Step-by-Step!!!
Table of Content:
- Step by Step Process to How to create a winged eyeliner
- Freehand winged eyeliner steps
- Start by prepping your eyes
- Shade the eyelids for higher impact
- Line the upper lash line
- Measure out the wing’s distance
- Make a diagonal line as the wing
- Draw a line from the center of the lid to the end of the wing
- Fill in the outlined area
- Fill in the inner eyelid
- Alternative outline sketching for winged eyeliner
- Use a tape as guideline
- Use an elongated spoon
- Use a plastic card
- Some Tips for wearing winged eyeliner
- Wrapping up
Step by Step Process to How to Create a Winged Eyeliner
To begin with, the how to create the winged eyeliner guide, you can make use of liquid, gel, or even powder colors for the purpose. As a run-up on how to create a winged eyeliner for beginners, we suggest that you start with a gel eyeliner pen like that of De’Lanci La Catrina Glitter Liquid Eyeliner. It’ll help you steady your hands as you glide on the smooth tips for drawing the perfect lines around the eyes!!! You can learn about the Different Types of Eyeliners right here!
1. Freehand winged eyeliner steps
Using your free hands to create the wing is the best thing that can happen to you when it comes to winged eyeliners!!! Here’s all that you need to know about it and how to do winged eyeliner for beginners.
Step 1: Start by prepping your eyes
This is indispensable for any type of eye makeup to let the colors show their true pigments and make it last!
- So, going ahead with the how to create the perfect winged eyeliner guide, start by applying an eye primer.
- You can also opt to use color-correcting concealer like De’Lanci Multicolor Liquid Concealer for Dark Skin.
- Use a shade as per your skin tone or mix and match the color to get the perfect one that hides all blemishes and dark circles.
- This will create a smooth and even-looking base for the eyeliner to glide smoothly over folds and creases on the eyelids.
Step 2: Shade the eyelids for higher impact
Though optional, this is an important step in the how to create the winged eyeliner guide! Using an eyeshadow base, even if it is a natural shade helps bring out the drama of the eyeliner color better!!!
- Opt for an eyeshadow color that is contrasting with the eyeliner color in case of dramatic evening looks.
- Pick a color from the wide range of shades available on a single palette as in De’Lanci 54 Color La Catrina Eyeshadow.
- For more subtle looks, you can opt to keep it all simple by not using any eyeshadow.
- You can learn about the Different Types of Eyeliner Looks for any occasion you fancy.
Step 3: Line the upper lash line
As a beginner, you may want to keep it safe by using a light-colored pencil for the first outline! Going ahead with this step of our how to create the winged eyeliner guide, we suggest this step for beginners only!!!
- Start with the inner corner of the eyes and move outwards keeping as close to the upper lash line as possible.
- Use your little finger to hold out the eyelids to flatten it as you move the pencil over it.
- You may want to draw a series of dashes and connect them instead of drawing a continuous line.
- Once you’re done, use the real eyeliner gel pencil or liquid color brush to join them and draw the line.
Step 4: Measure out the wing’s distance
The length of the wings will determine how dramatic you want the winged eyeliner to look. So, in the next step of how to create the winged eyeliner this is what we’re going to talk about.
- Once the upper lash line is covered, start working from the outer corner from the end of the lash line.
- Draw a hypothetical line from the end of the eye to the end of the brow, this is the line your wing should take up.
- Now, if you want it to look moderate, then keep it short, or make it longer as per your target looks. Learn how to use the De’Lanci Eyeliner Pens with our guide on Top Brown Eyeliner Looks.
Step 5: Make a diagonal line as the wing
Once you’ve decided on the length of the wing you wish to wear, time to move on. This next step of the how to create the winged eyeliner perfectly will give you the wing outline!!!
- Make a dot on the hypothetical line joining the end of the upper lash line and the brow end.
- Connect both the dot to the end of the lash line with a steady stroke.
- Your wing is ready to be thickened and filled in.
Step 6: Draw a line from the center of the lid to the end of the wing
It’s time to start perfecting the wing in the how to create the winged eyeliner before it flies with grace and charm!
- Take your eyeliner back to the center of the eyelid. start drawing dots to connect the tip of the wing. Join the dots to form the upper outline of the wing.
- Use your fingers to keep the lids taut for an even and easy dotting of the lids.
- The outline of your eyeliner wings are ready to be filled in before flying.
Step 7: Fill in the outlined area
In this step of how to create the winged eyeliner you could directly use the color of the outlining shade or use a different one. It all depends on the type of drama you would like to winged eyeliner to create!!!
- Simply fill in the space between the 2 outlines with the eyeliner color of your choice.
- Take care to fill in every spot without leaving out any gaps on the skin.
- As most eyeliner formulas on the market are quick-drying, you may need to be quick with liquids.
Step 8: Fill in the inner eyelid
This is the final step in the how to create the winged eyeliner that you need to carry out meticulously.
- It’s important to give the wings a natural look.
- Move to the inner eye of the upper lash line and stroke it to connect the middle part.
- Take care to keep the innermost part as thin as possible giving it only a hint of color for a natural look.
2. Alternative outline sketching for winged eyeliner
In case you’re not sure about using your free hand in drawing winged eyeliner, we have alternative solutions for you! The following are some other ways in how to create the winged eyeliner guide as easy ways out until you’re sure!!!
i. Use a tape as guideline
Using this method is helpful in giving your unsure hands the guide to confidently stroke out the line.
- Apply tape around the corner of the eye toward the end of the brow.
- The tape should hypothetically extend a little beyond the wing size.
- To make a subtler wing, take care to apply the tape more outwards instead of angling it upwards.
- Take care to press the tape against the skin to prevent any bleeding while stroking the line.
ii. Use an elongated spoon
Use an elongated spoon to get the perfect winged eyeliner look you can ever think of! Here’s the trick as part of our how to create the winged eyeliner tutorial!
- Use the straight handle of the spoon as the guide to draw the length of the wing with a dot.
- Make use of the opposite end of the spoon to connect the lash line with the dot.
- Place the curve of the spoon on the upper lash line and connect the end of the wing to the center of the lid.
- Draw a thin line from the inner corner to the center for the natural wing look.
iii. Use a plastic card
This is a rare how to create the winged eyeliner tip to get the perfect winged eyeliner any place and at any time!!!
- Hold your card at the outer corner of the eye pointing to the end of the brow.
- Trace a straight line using the La Catrina eyeliner set to create the wing length of your choice.
- Connect it to the upper lash line by using dots from the center to the outer edge.
- Give the inner eyes a thin lining and connect it to the center for an even flow.
Some Tips for Wearing Winged Eyeliner
Some final pro tips as part of our how to create the winged eyeliner guide!!!
- As beginners, use fine-tip applicators to wear your wings.
- Steady your hand by resting the elbow on an even surface when drawing the wings.
- Protect the sensitive skin around the eyes by weakening tape adhesive by sticking it on the hands a few times.
- Undo any eyeliner slips by dabbing on your color-correcting concealer on the spot.
- You can also make use of bright eyeshadow colors and a thin brush to wear colorful wings.
- Make sure to seal your colored wings with setting spray.
- Know about the Best Eyeliner Colors for Dark Skin for mesmerizing looks.
Now that you know not just how to create the winged eyeliner but also master it, it’s time to pick the products! Rush to explore and grab the De’Lanci range of makeup products for the eye and see the difference they make to your looks. There’s so much more with our top-of-the-line lip, and face range along with best makeup brushes. Visit us NOW and get them all!!!