How To Choose Eyeshadow Color Combinations for Different Skins
Simple everyday makeup look or electrifying looks for dates/parties; incredible eye makeup is the key to ace the look! Adding depth and warmth to your eyes can come by putting together the right eyeshadow color combinations. We talked to our experts about the best eyeshadow combinations for multi-dimensional looks for your eyes. Accordingly, we’ve curetted the guide spanning from soft natural eyeshadow color combinations to the most daring shades for the most jaw-dropping eye makeup looks.
Table of Contents
- Basic rules for picking eyeshadow color combination
- Go by the color wheel
- Choose similar shades
- Pair neutrals with rich colors
- Pair cool with cool and warm with warm tones
- Shimmer up the matte
- Go for a flattering gradient
- Pick shades that complement your eye color
- No rules drama
- Some best eyeshadow color combinations for different skins
- Eyeshadow color combinations for dark skin
- Eyeshadow color combinations for dark brown skin
- Eyeshadow color combinations for olive skin
- Eyeshadow color combinations for medium skin/wheatish skin
- Eyeshadow color combinations for light skin
- Wrapping up
Basic Rules for Picking Eyeshadow Color Combinations
The best way to choose eyeshadow color combinations is to understand the color wheel and its complementary colors. We have for you an expert guide on how to use eye shadow palette to create any look you want. Keep reading…
1. Go by the color wheel
A basic rule is to pick complementary colors such as red and green, orange and blue, and yellow and purple. These are the colors that play out each other making the shades stand out giving the perfect pop of color!
2. Choose similar shades
One of the best ways to create versatile looks with the perfect eyeshadow color combinations is to pair similar shades of a color together. You can go bold or subtle by choosing darker and a lighter shade of the color for creating a gradient shadow of colors. It falls within the monochromatic color scheme which is on-trend too!
3. Pair neutrals with rich colors
Keep the base neutral, black, brown, nude or close to a navy-colored eyeshadow. Pair it up with a colorful tone that complements your outfit or stands out against it. You are free to experiment with rich and colorful shades with the backdrop of a softer neutral shade.
4. Pair cool with cool and warm with warm tones
Cool tones like blue and green always pair together. Warm shades like peach and rusty orange are warm tones that pair wonderfully well as warm tones. You could play out a symphony of colors to wear incredibly majestic eyeshadow looks with this combination.
5. Shimmer up the matte
Mixing matte with shimmer is a great way of emphasizing and brightening up your eyes. While matte adds to the definition, shimmer adds depth and warmth to the eyes that give it the stroke of radiance.
6. Go for a flattering gradient
Using successive gradient shades close to each other helps accentuate the eyes. Take up light, medium, and dark colors from the inner corner to the outer respectively. A seamless blending should play out a chic drama of colors as the light color highlights, medium color provides coverage, and dark color defines the eyes!
7. Pick shades that complement your eye color
Bring out the natural beauty of your eyes by using eyeshadow color combinations that complement it.
- Brown eyes: Neutral, and warm shades like bronze and salmon brings them out beautifully.
- Hazel eyes: A host of colors like warm pinks, browns, greens, gold, and blues complement them.
- Deep/dark eyes: Play with rich pigments, and bold shades like silver, black, or eggplant color.
- Blue eyes: Soft tones and warm tones equally complement these ravishing eyes; tan, champagne, coral for the warm colors, and any light color will bring out its beauty!
- Green eyes: Give it a pop of tan colors, neutral pinks, browns, or purples for a statement look.
- Grey eyes: Stick to shades of grey and silver with smoky eye looks for best results.
5. No rules drama
Play out the high-drama of colors by picking colors that are catchy and unexpected. Let the fun element in you and the colors go hand-in-hand as you let them take you center stage hogging the attention and limelight!
Some Best Eyeshadow Color Combinations for Different Skins
Our experts suggest that while eyeshadow combinations, you should choose shades that complement your natural skin color, and brings out the intensity of your eyes’ color. Here are some of the best recommendations in this area by our celebrity makeup artists:
1. Eyeshadow color combinations for dark skin
All you beautiful people with dark skin or dark eyes and looking for eyeshadow color combinations for dark skin, stick to dark eye shadows. Bright colors and metallics flatter dark skin. Shades of purples, teals, and midnight blue instantly electrify makeup looks on such skin colors.
For those of you preferring cool tones, you need to watch out for products that are hyper-pigmented. This will help bring out the color well. It’s best to stick to the warmer tone palettes such as coral, green, brown, pink and rose gold. We have an extra guide for you on best eyeshadow looks for dark skins by our expert!
2. Eyeshadow color combinations for dark brown skin
If you are blessed with this complexion, it means that you have a neutral undertone. You are wonderfully advantaged to have this skin tone as all eyeshadow color palettes incredibly complement your complexion. Go ahead, and try them all for your ultimately chic look!
3. Eyeshadow color combinations for olive skin
Olive skin indicates a mix of golden undertones that has an ashen hue. This cools down the warmth of the complexion, and yet, it is not completely cool. The best eyeshadow combinations for olive complexions are jewel tones in a cool palette, especially teal. Colors like teal help accentuate the natural ashen undertone without making it look pale or washed out.
4. Eyeshadow color combinations for medium skin/wheatish skin
Medium or wheatish skin usually have warm undertones, and should use gold, cinnamon, and warm shades of red, like rust.
5. Eyeshadow color combinations for light skin
Light skin colors indicate cool skin tones that look amazing with palettes having blue, silver, peach, or pink. Alternately, you can try a dull bronze, washed-out copper, and pink hues to highlight the final look.
Doing up your eyes with colors from your favorite eyeshadow color combinations is always fun! From sheer color tints to building up intricately colored gradients and smoky eyes, there is just the colors for all skin types, and of course personal preference. Our experts have provided some wonderful essential eye makeup tips for women over 40. Remember, that De’Lanci brings to you an extensive collection of scintillating eyeshadow colors in all possible finishes to build up any look you want to wear. Explore our eyes, lips, face, and makeup brushes sections to nail the look each time you step out like a Diva!!!