How to Do Purple Eyeshadow Tutorial: Step-by-Step Guide
Pop on the timeless purple color as your eyeshadow and you’re ready to walk the red carpet! You can liven up your looks instantly in the most flattering ways suiting your taste and style. All you need is the right purple eyeshadow tutorial right to do it right. Our makeup expert has put together this step-by-step purple eyeshadow look tutorial to let you master it even as a beginner. So, just follow it and be set to be the head-turner!!!
Table of content
- Step-by-step guide on purple eyeshadow tutorial
- Start by creating an even canvas
- Enhance canvas with color correction
- Create a light mauve base
- Color up with purple eyeshadow
- Add color to the lower lash line
- Smoke out with deep purple
- Brighten it with shimmer
- Alternatively, create a subtle V-purple edge
- Create a dark black wing
- Add highlighter
- Complete the look
- Some pro tips while wearing purple eyeshadow looks
- Wrapping up
Step-by-step guide on purple eyeshadow tutorial
Colorful makeup looks are no longer restricted to the Met Gala events; Purple eyeshadow looks are the go-to looks for most red-carpet occasions! Purple is a quintessential color that has emerged as highly popular in recent makeup styles. But, there are some key points you need to follow to get the look right. This purple eyeshadow tutorial will guide you to the best look you can attain!!!
1. Start by creating an even canvas
Purple is a very delicate color being a mixture of warm and cool shades. It is crucial that you have clean and even skin to let its hue play out. Here’s what you need to do as the next step of the purple eyeshadow look tutorial now:
- Use a non-oil-based cleansing agent to clear the area around the eyes of any grime;
- Dab on an eye primer to even out the skin surface;
- Priming will close pores and smooth out wrinkles to let the purple eyeshadow pigment give an even color payoff;
2. Enhance canvas with color correction
This unique color needs a clear background for it to show its hues. Having spots, circles, or other distractions will make it look dull giving the face a tired look. The next step of the purple eyeshadow tutorial tells you to:
- Wait for a minute after applying primer to let the skin absorb it;
- Now, use a De’Lanci Multifunction concealer palette (orange for dark circles) beneath the eyes;
- Dab on a normal concealer on the upper eyes to make it a bright canvas;
3. Create a light mauve base
The base eyeshadow is a color that complements the main shade. Creating an eyeshadow base is the key to letting the primary shade show off its true hue. We stress on it in our purple eyeshadow tutorial as it will also help bring out any play of contrast or coordinated eyeshadow look;
- Take an eyeshadow that only has a hint of purple on your eyeshadow brush;
- Apply it to the upper lids and go all the way up to the brow bones;
- Take time to blend the shade all over seamlessly so that the skin gets an even hint of the color;
4. Color up with purple eyeshadow
Moving on, we come to the purple eyeshadow tutorial step where you start applying the primary purple eyeshadow color. You will be concentrating on the upper lids to give them the desired shade effect.
- Take the eyeshadow color on the brush and dust off the excess by tapping lightly;
- Start applying at the center of the lids and blend;
- Take the color right beyond the cut crease to bring out the look of the makeup;
- Blend it well so that it stands out against the base color evenly all around the eyes;
5. Add color to the lower lash line
In the next step of the purple eyeshadow tutorial, we must insist that you color the lower lash line with the primary color. Adding color here will help enhance the look of the eye makeup giving it prominence on your face.
- Take a flat brush and take the color from the purple eyeshadow palette;
- Place the flat surface against the lower lash line and start dabbing the product there;
- Draw out a smooth line all along and then smudge it out slightly to soften the look;
6. Smoke out with deep purple
Follow this step of the purple eyeshadow look tutorial if you want to give yourself a dramatic look. Smoked-out looks are best worn during evening events that call for elaborate and prominent makeup styles.
- Use the darkest shade of purple from the rainbow eyeshadow palette available;
- Take it on the eyeshadow brush and tap off excess;
- Apply it to the outer edge of the eyes and blend inwards;
- Bring the color towards the center of the lids blending smoothly with the primary color for the smoked look;
7. Brighten it with shimmer
If you’re a lover of bold looks with shimmering styles, this is a must-step for the purple eyeshadow tutorial! You can opt to shimmer up all over the lids or pair it with the smoked looks for an electrifying look!!!
- Use a shimmer color that is close to your primary purple shade;
- Alternatively, go in for a silver shimmer that complements the purple tone;
- Take as little product as possible on the professional brush and tap off any loose pigment;
- Apply to the center of the lids and blend inwards at the inner eyes;
- Also, take care to apply some shimmering color to the inner eye corner to brighten the overall look;
8. Alternatively, create a subtle V-purple edge
This is step in the subtle purple eyeshadow tutorial for those of you who love to keep the look low-keyed yet chic! Skip right here after you’ve followed step 4 to attain this look.
- Take your favorite purple eyeshadow color on a brush tapping off the excess;
- Apply it to the outer edge of the eyes in a V-form;
- Blend it inwards to the center of the lids;
- An optional step of this part of the purple eyeshadow look tutorial is to apply the color just above the cut crease and blend for a chic look;
9. Create a dark black wing
Going with this step of the purple eyeshadow tutorial is advisable for all kinds of looks with the color. Wearing a dark black eyeliner color lets you bring out the contrast and play of purple more elegantly!
- Use your regular black eyeliner for this step;
- Draw out a line close to the upper lash line;
- Subsequently, draw out a small wing from the end of the lower lash line;
- Connect it with that of the upper lash line to form a wing and fill it up;
10. Add highlighter
This is a must-step of the purple eyeshadow tutorial for all looks with this color. Using a highlighter will help you magnify the area around the eyes and bring out the play of the eyeshadow colors magnificently!
- Take the lightest color from your eyeshadow palette;
- Alternatively, you can use your regular face highlighter palette;
- If you’ve used shimmer color for your eyeshadow look, then stick to a shimmer highlighter;
- Dab some of the product on your brow bones and the inner corner of the eyes;
- Also, take care to apply some on the cheekbones to open up the look of the eyes;
11. Complete the look
Any purple eyeshadow look tutorial will remain incomplete without this step! You must highlight your lashes and eyebrows for any eyeshadow look. Even if you’re going minimal makeup looks, remember to follow this step!
- Apply mascara on your lashes as it will instantly give more depth to your eyes;
- Attach extra lashes if you feel the need to use them;
- Brush out your brows, outline both upper and lower lines using a brown eyeshadow palette;
- Fill them in as required and brush them back for a defined look that will set the frame to your eyes;
Some pro tips while wearing purple eyeshadow looks1. Create a clean canvas: This is an invaluable purple eyeshadow tutorial tip for all! Purple is a combination of red and blue colors that shows its brilliance only when the skin is a clean slate. Never forget to use a concealer or color corrector when creating any purple eyeshadow look.
2. Choose shades according to skin tone: Since purple is a combination of a warm-toned and cool-toned color, you need to take care to choose the right shade. For those with warm skin tones, stick to reddish-purple as bluish purple will look dull and ashy. Those with cook skin tones can wear bluish purple for lighter looks and reddish purple for heavier and intricate looks!
3. Soften brush using setting spray: This purple eyeshadow tutorial tip is a wet application technique that will help you apply and blend the product easily. It also increases the color vibrancy and longevity of the makeup colors!
4. Stick to bold eye soft lips rule: The way to show off your brilliant purple eyeshadow look is to use muted colors for your lips and cheeks. Wear purple-shaded lip tints only if you’re planning to go to themed parties, Halloween, or shows like the Met Gala!
5. Follow dark to light color gradient: An easy purple eyeshadow tutorial pro tip is to maintain the color gradient for the best looks. In case of wearing smoked purple eyeshadow looks, keep the gradient dark to light from outside to inside. When wearing it from lashes to cut crease maintain the dark-to-light gradient!
Purple is one eyeshadow color that suits every woman! All you need to do is pick the right color tone and wear it as per your style! Now that you have access to the best purple eyeshadow tutorial, you can choose it easily. Take care to use only premier products from De’Lanci, especially the DE’LANCI Hawaii Blueberry Purple Eyeshadow Palette and DE’LANCI NEW PURPLE BLUE EYESHADOW PALETTE for any look you want to create!!!