Tips & Rules on How to Apply Passport Photo Makeup!
A passport photograph is important as that is what will remain as your identification for a long time as most countries issue passports for several years. You can surely avoid any passport photo disaster with the most reliable tips and rules for passport photo makeup from us. For those of you wondering if you’re allowed to wear makeup when taking a passport photo, the answer is yes. So, it’s time to confidently step out to click a beautiful photo with the best makeup for passport photo. Natural and neutral colors of eyeshadow and lipsticks for De’Lanci are among your best bet!!!
Table of Content
- How to Apply Passport Photo Makeup Step by Step
- Start with primer
- Move on to Foundation
- Use Concealer
- Set with Powder
- Shade the Eyes
- Use Eyeliner
- Moderate eye makeup
- Natural-looking lips
- Matte Lipsticks only
- Some Pro Tips of Makeup For Passport Photo
- Wrapping Up
How to Apply Passport Photo Makeup Step by Step
Sure, there are no laws about the passport photo makeup that you are allowed to wear when taking a passport photograph. But, there are some unwritten codes you need to follow so that your photograph is not rejected.
Here is the step by step guide to your best passport photo:
1. Start with Primer
Begin with the normal routine of applying primer to set the base of your makeup. You want a smooth finish to your makeup giving off the most natural look. Applying a primer is the key to obtaining that look.
2. Move on to Foundation
As the next step to your makeup on passport photo move on to apply the foundation product onto your face. Make sure that you apply it on your neck as well as the photograph will clearly expose that area. There should be no variance in skin color and finish between your face and neck. The 2 should look like the continuation of the same skin.
3. Use Concealer
Those of you that want to hide the dark circles under your eyes can use a concealer to mask the issue. Else, these can turn into glaring spots on the photo and even make you look tired or sick.
4. Set with Powder
An important passport photo makeup tip is to set your makeup using matte powder. This will also help control any extra oil on the face. You sure do not want an oily and shiny face that will adversely affect your passport photograph. Be extra attentive to the T-zone of your face which includes the forehead, the nose, and the inner corner of the eyes.
You may want to contour your face to give it the sharpness that will nicely reflect on the photograph. The best way to contour for your passport photograph is to work on the nose area and the outer side of the face with a light brown contouring powder. It will help balance the shape of your face while keeping the look natural.
6. Shade the Eyes
Coming to the eyes, you will want to give your eyes a defined look. But it is advisable that you stick to matte eyeshadow palette only and opt for nude tones such as light brown, brown beige, or semi-dark brown. You can apply a bit of color to the outer V of the eye to make it look bigger. Do not apply any glitter eyeshadow when applying makeup to take your passport photograph.
7. Use Eyeliner
Apply eyeliner close to the upper lash line, and stick to making a small wing at the end. Make sure that you do not wear any exaggerated cat-eye wings. Using the De’Lanci Pearlscent liquid eyeliner pens is a good choice for the right look.
8. Moderate eye makeup
Avoid wearing overbearing eye makeup such as smoky eyes, and neon eyeliners. Also, overdrawn lip lines are a strict no for your passport photo makeup. Read up on how to do eye makeup for the best results of your passport photo.
9. Natural-looking lips
Your lip color should be in moderation and complement the rest of your look. Opt for a deep but less vibrant color that complements your outfit that too should be in solid colors and matte lipsticks. Remember, that the purpose of your passport photograph is to identify you. So, creating a fuller lip effect will be detrimental to the purpose. Learn how to apply lipstick makeup like a pro to ace the look.
10. Matte Lipsticks only
Stick to matte lip colors only and do not wear any gloss over the lip color. Wearing anything shiny will reflect with the light when clicking the photograph. It will end up making your lips look white where the light reflects.
The bottom line of your passport makeup is to keep the look as natural to your face without any makeup.
Some Pro Tips of Makeup for Passport Photo
If you wear makeup every day, go ahead and carry on with your normal routine when going to take your passport photograph. The trick is to look as though you are in your own skin without makeup or wearing the no-makeup look!
- As passport photo requirements makeup, go by the no-makeup look. This is the type of makeup that will help enhance your natural facial features.
- No-makeup look doesn’t mean you use fewer products. It means that you use the same amount of product, but, to give yourself the look as though you were actually born with it.
- The trick to attaining the no-makeup look is to use a neutral color palette. It will help you look attractive yet natural.
- Keep your skin color as natural as possible. Choose your foundation and concealer colors carefully. Make sure that you do not apply a foundation that is too dark or too light compared to your natural skin color.
- Paying attention to your brows is critical to your passport photo makeup. Comb and shape them properly, filling them in with a brown powder. Black will look harsh and also aging especially if the lighting is not optimal. Make sure to give your brows a naturally thick look.
- Coat your lashes with a generous amount of mascara. Wait for the first coat to dry up before applying the second coat. It will help brighten your eyes and make them the focus of your passport photograph.
- This is not the occasion to make a show of the latest makeup trends. Even if you are deft with the changing makeup trends according to the seasons of the year, strictly follow the no-makeup look.
To get the best look on your passport photograph, go moderate with colors and keep it all-natural. We have given you the complete guide and the best passport photo makeup tips for you to be proud of it for years to come.
Make sure that you use only quality products for passport photo makeup. It will help accentuate your natural looks with the right hint of color and highlight. De’Lanci brings to you the complete range of makeup products for the face, eyes, and lips that should help you get the right looks. Explore our vegan and cruelty-free makeup products along with a wide variety of makeup tools and makeup kits for beginners and professionals.