Dewy vs. Matte Look: How to Choose Your Perfect Finish
Ultra-matte face makeup or dewy and radiant-looking skin? It’s easy to get confused getting caught up in the dewy vs. matte look debate! While the first is trending everywhere, the second is not going anywhere for some time to come. You will have to choose carefully between the 2 types of makeup finish depending on what they really imply. There are times and places for both. what you need to do is understand the differences between the 2 and choose when to wear which finish. Read on to know everything you need to know on dewy vs. matte makeup look!!!
Table of Content
- What is dewy makeup look
- What is matte makeup look
- What's the difference between a dewy and matte look?
- Which look should i go for?
- When to wear a dewy look
- When to wear a matte look
- How do you achieve a dewy finish?
- How do you achieve a matte finish?
- Wrapping up
What is dewy makeup look
A dewy makeup look is one that gives the skin the appearance of a hydrated look with radiance to it. It exudes a healthy-looking skin that is soft, moist, and youthful glow that comes from within. The dewy look is not to be confused with glitter or shimmering skin which assumes a skin that is not natural to the skin. Read on more to grasp the fine nuances of dewy look vs. matte look, look up our expert’s read on Dewy Makeup Looks that will Leave you Glowing!
What is matte makeup look?
Matte makeup look is the kind of makeup finish that gives your skin a healthy-looking matte finish. It does not have any drying look but hides any shine or gloss on the face to give an evenly toned matted look. Your skin will look radiant and bright but with a matte finish on it! Time to move on with more details on the dewy vs. matte look; learn more about Stunning Matte Makeup Looks!
What's the difference between a dewy and matte look?
It’s time to move on with the dewy vs. matte look to understand the main differences between the 2 types of finishes!
- Dewy makeup look has a subtle glow while matte makeup has a polished look that makes the skin look velvety and air-brushed without reflecting light.
- Dewy makeup looks are achieved using liquid products that have hydrating ingredients in them that give a moist look. Matte makeup look comes best by using powder products that do not leave a shine on the skin.
Which look should I go for?
Now comes the stage in the dewy vs. matte look choice and you’ll have to decide which to wear and when!
When to wear a dewy look:
- When wanting to opt for a well moisturized-looking skin that has a luster to it.
- If you have a dull skin that lacks that healthy shine element to it, opt for the dewy makeup look.
- The dewy look usually has longevity issues and is best worn when you have to attend an event or occasion for a short while. In case of an everyday look, you may have to retouch it after some time.
- The dewy look is good for young and clear skin without many fine lines, and having a good texture.
When to wear a matte look:
- If you have oil and acne-prone skin, this is the finish you should stick to.
- This finish is great for your skin if you need to cover up spots and blemishes and make it look flawless.
- Matte finish lasts long and is good to wear when heading out for extended hours while wearing makeup.
- Better suited for aged and blemished skin as lines and pores don’t show giving the skin a youthful look.
How do you achieve a dewy finish?
Moving forward with all that concerns dewy vs. matte look, it’s time to start applying the products that will give you the perfect dewy finish!
- Step 1: Start with applying oil-based cleansing liquid on face so that the skin starts getting its hydration right from the word go.
- Step 2: Follow it up with applying hydrating primer on face that will further add to the soft moist look of the skin.
- Step 3: Wear a foundation that contains essential oils on face so that it gives you a dewy finish despite its coverage on the skin.
- Step 4: Need to apply a concealer on face that will blend in with the dewy look for that natural-looking finish from DE’LANCI Liquid Concealer.
- Step 5: Give the face a spray of facial mist that contains hyaluronic acid for that glowing look on the face.
- Step 6: Make sure to use only cream products on the face for contouring and blushing like De’Lanci Double-ended Contouring Stick and De’Lanci Double-headed Blush Stick colors for the dewy look.
- Step 7: Finish the look with a cream-based product like DE’LANCI Dual-ended Highlighter Stick for that perfectly lustrous skin.
How do you achieve a matte finish?
Let’s go to the second part of the dewy vs. matte look where you get to know how to achieve the perfect matte finish!
- Step 1: Clean the skin with a non-oil-based cleansing agent to remove all traces of extra grease on the skin.
- Step 2: Use a mattifying primer on face that will start giving the skin the much-needed even matte finish.
- Step 3: Follow it up with applying non-greasy foundation on face that helps the skin retain its normal hydration but offers the perfect matte coverage.
- Step 4: Apply the right shade of the grease-free DE’LANCI Liquid Concealer on face that will blend with your foundation.
- Step 5: Use a mattifying face spray that contains salicylic acid to keep the skin hydrated while giving the matte finish.
- Step 6: Move on to seal the finish using De’Lanci Matte Loose Powder on face for that all-day long-lasting matte look.
- Step 7: Finish the look with applying DE’LANCI Blush and Highlighter Palette on face for that naturally blushed radiant look.
Time to put to use all the tips and tricks you’ve learned about dewy vs. matte look and be the fascinating person that you are! If you wish to mix and match matte with a dewy look, a good option is to wear a matte face and glossy lips or vice versa. Make sure only to use long-lasting and high-quality skin and makeup products like the DE’LANCI 6-Colors Diamond Highlighter Palette for best results!!!