How to Make Lipstick Last Longer in 3 Simple Steps?
The last thing that you want is a ruined day because of the smudged lipstick. No one gets time to do the touch-up every few hours. So, it is necessary to learn how to make your lipstick last longer. It isn’t like it is hard making lipstick last longer with the right technique. Here at De’Lanci, our beauty experts curated an article based on how to make lipstick last longer and look perfect. So, stay tuned till the end of the article and you won’t have to worry about reapplying the lipstick every few hours.
Table of Contents:
- Why doesn't your lipstick last longer?
- How to make your lipstick last longer?
- Step 1: Prep your lips
- Step 2: Go for a matte lipstick
- Step 3: Blot your lips
- Additional tips to make your lipstick last all day
- Wrapping up
Before we learn how to make your lipstick last longer let’s learn,
Why doesn't your lipstick last longer?
Image Credit: Tumblr
There are many common mistakes that girls make while applying lipstick, and it ends up being smudged by the end of the day. Let’s see which are the mistakes you are making that prevent your lipstick from lasting long.
- You are using lip balm before applying lipstick. You should always avoid applying lipstick over the lip balm as it is oily and your lipstick will feather and smudge.
- You might not have exfoliated your lips before applying lipstick. When you exfoliate lips, the dryness is gone and you have a smooth base for lipstick application.
- You are not smudging the lip liner properly before filling in. When you apply lip liner it also acts as a lip primer so take a step forward and smudge the liner well and mix it with the actual lipstick shade. It will make your lipstick last longer.
- There are chances that you have not blotted your lips with the tissue paper after applying it. Blotting on tissue paper removes the extra layer of lipstick and helps it stay longer as it is!
- Use concealer to finish off the look. It won’t only make your lips look perfectly done, but will also make it last longer.
How to make your lipstick last longer?
Here in this section, you will read how to make your lipstick last longer step-by-step. So, without any further delay, let’s get ahead:
Step 1: Prep Your Lips
The very first step in the process is to prep your lips before applying lipstick. You should never forget exfoliating or priming your lips. When you exfoliate and prime your lips, you are building a smooth base for the lipstick application. You can prime your lips with either foundation or concealer. It will hold the lipstick for a longer time and won’t let it smudge or smear.
Step 2: Go For a Matte Lipstick
If you want the lipstick to last all day, pick the matte lipstick. The reason behind that is that cream-based lipstick tends to smudge quicker than any other. You can opt for the De’Lanci everlasting matte liquid lipstick set which will help you get a flawless look. With our DE'LANCI Matte Lipstick set Nude Waterproof Lipstick, you won’t have to worry about the pigmentation or the long-lasting.
Step 3: Blot Your Lips
You apply translucent powder to set the foundation and concealer, then why not set the lipstick? To set the lipstick, all you have to do is blot your lips on the tissue paper. As soon as blot your lipstick on the tissue paper, the access lipstick product comes off and makes your lips stay longer on your lips. However, you must check out how to apply lipstick properly for the best application.
Additional tips to make your lipstick last all-day
Above were the steps to apply the lipstick in a way that it lasts longer and gives you a flawless look. Here are some additional tips that will help you in making lipstick last longer. Let’s check them out:
- Always use a brush to apply lipstick, whether you are going for the liquid lipstick or the matte lipstick palette.
- Use lip liner to prevent smudging of the lipstick.
- Avoid oily food, when you have applied lipstick.
- Even if you are looking for how to make liquid lipstick last longer, the final step is to blot the lipstick on tissue paper.
- Finish the lipstick application by applying loose powder and buffing it off.