How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner for Beginner: Tips & Guide to Master It!
Eyeliner is an essential item in your beauty arsenal that can instantly change the look of your face. Right from creating a flawless outline for a no-makeup look to those graphic wings and statement lines, there is something for everyone. Of course for beginners, our experts have handed out their best tips on how to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners. Get it right as a beginner how to apply liquid eyeliner and learn how to apply eyeliner step by step for the best results! You will also need to explore the essential makeup tools as you progress with your art of makeup.
Table of Contents
- How to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners step by step
- Pick the best liquid eyeliner
- Prep the eyes right
- Hold it right
- Dot out a line
- Keep close to the lash line
- Add a wing
- Keep the lower lash line neat
- Smooth it out
- Wrapping up
How to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners step by step
1. Pick the best liquid eyeliner
The first step toward learning how to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners is to pick the right eyeliner product. Read our experts explain the different types of eyeliners on the market. There are 2 variants of liquid eyeliners – those that come with a dip-brush and those that come with a felt tip.
- Liquid dip brush eyeliners are small bottles that come with a brush much like a nail polish bottle. You need to dip the brush into the bottle for each stroke of application.
- Felt tip eyeliners are very similar to felt-tipped markers and the tips are fed by the liquid flowing to them.
2. Prep the eyes right
The best way to apply any makeup, especially when it comes to liquid eyeliner how to apply eyeliner, is the preparation part. Your eyelids have creases and unevenness that need to be smoothed out for the even spreading of the liquid.
- Take care to apply a quality primer product on the eyelids to prepare that smooth canvas base.
- Next, move on to applying foundation so that the area around the eyes gets an even skin tone that will make the eyeliner stand out best.
3. Hold it right
Now that it’s time to best liquid eyeliner right with the how to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners tips!
- Take no chances in case you are not confident of having a steady hand. Rest your elbow on a solid base like a table while drawing out the line on your lashes.
- Try holding a mirror in front of you to get a clear view of the eyelid for a clean application.
4. Dot out a line
As first-timers, the best way to apply liquid eyeliner is to create an outline which is best done by creating dots. Trying to create a single-line stroke may result in uneven bumps that will ruin the look.
- Draw small dots on your upper eyelid starting from the outer corner of the eye and move on towards the center going slightly beyond.
- Now join the dots to form a straight line that is not too thick. This will result in the perfect lining of the upper lash line for a gorgeous look!
- While joining the dots, do them in multiple strokes instead of a single swipe join that may result in uneven bumps.
5. Keep close to the lash line
This is an important tip among those for how to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners! A very common mistake that beginners tend to make is leaving a space between the lashes and the eyeliner. This results in a white space that makes the eye makeup dull and messy.
- While lining the upper lids keep the eyeliner brush as close to the lash line as possible.
- If the line is too thin for your liking, you can always thicken it by stroking over it and broadening it.
6. Add a wing
Even when you are just beginning to learn how to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners, it’s important that your eyes exude the right dose of a glam quotient! This is not difficult when you know how to handle wing creation. Read what our experts have to say about eye makeup tips for women above 40!
- Start at the end of your eye and think of an imaginary line joining it to the end of your eyebrow.
- Draw a tiny dot along this imaginary line but close to the end of the eye. The ideal wing is neither too short nor too long!
- Now draw a line from the end of the upper lash line to the dot.
- Thicken the line slightly to create the perfect wing.
Take care not to make the tip of the wing blunt but keep it sharp. This is among the most important how to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners tips to remember.
7. Keep the lower lash line neat
When it comes to the lower lash line, immaterial of your age, it is best to keep it relatively clean. An important tip on how to apply liquid eyeliner on lower lid is not to make it too messy or it could result in small looking messy eyes!
- Instead of drawing out a continuous line along the lower lashes, it is best to keep things only dotted.
- Draw a few dots in between the lower lashes. It will give the lash line a fuller look without making the eyes constricted or messy.
8. Smooth it out
With the help of your expert’s tips on how to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners, you should be able to emerge with amazing-looking eyes! But surely there can be a few misses with the dots and lines that you want to make disappear!
- Let the liquid eyeliner dry up completely. Set a tiny speck of concealer over it and just pat it.
- Take care not to rub the concealer as it may end up smudging the color of the eyeliner.
- Alternately, take your loose powder and pat it on top to cover those unwanted eyeliner liquid marks.
As we wrap up the guide on how to apply liquid eyeliner for beginners, we’re sure you have picked up the art. There are endless ways to go creative using this enormously popular beauty product to set the tone for your look! Surely, with a little practice and help from our experts and the guide on how to apply liquid eyeliner step by step pictures, you can master it! As you progress you can also try out the different types of eyeliner looks for a more glamorous you! Don’t forget to explore the exclusive range of De’Lanci makeup products for lip, eye, face products, and best makeup brush sets that cater to world-class standards!